Thursday, January 3, 2013

GUESS WHO'S BACK?!?!

WHA'D UPPPPPP Peeps!!!! It's been sooooooooooooo long. How are we doing out there??

I've been off the radar. I know. But, we're revamping getting it together. Lots to tell you... and SUPER excited about it all.

SO, here we go. Let's begin...
for all of you who are reading my blog for the first time- WELCOME!!

I'm JOE. I'm a cameleon of sorts. A fashionista by nature.






I am a lover of beautiful things; imagery, architecture, art, music, nature...







I’m a fan of the REAL, which means I am brutally honest at times, sometimes overwhelmingly opinionated, but always sincere.
I am a mom, and if you stick around long enough, you'll hear all about my amazing, intelligent, quirky son with all of his spastic, obsessive compulsive tendencies. LOL. He's my best friend.
I'm an artist
I'm an activist
I'm a fashion designer

But most importantly
I AM KREYOL!


I've been designing off and on for about 8 years now. My line Kreyol has had some periodic success over the years, but balance has always been a challenge. In this upcoming year, I am on life altering quest to find the perfect equation with the ultimate goal resulting in BALANCE; balance in my spiritual life, in my love/ family life, and also in my career.

I've recently quit my (awesome) job. (GASP!!)
Sidenote:
It's so interesting the reactions you get when you tell people you've quit your job. Artists and dreamers are like "Congratulations!! It's about time you devoted more time to Kreyol." Realists respond with "What? What are you going to do for money? How does your husband feel about this? 
In this economy?"

YES.

In this economy, you have to figure out how you can make yourself indispensible and provide for you and yours without depending on an employer.

I want to be able to tell my son that he can be anything he wants, and in order to ensure that statement bears any weight, I need to be the example.


This blog is a chronicle of all of the changes and occurrences that will take place in my world in this upcoming year, as well as all the song and dance that happens in my head. I'm a weird one ya know, lol, so don't be surprised if we're talking about the fiscal cliff today and all types of politics BS and then tomorrow I'm posting about red lips.
That's just ME ;-)

Stick around... It's gonna get interesting.


HAPPY 2013 ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment